Thursday, June 10, 2010

I just want to tuck in my shirts.

Bahhhh-rrrrrrrrrrrring! Hello, this is Ally speaking to you from the underworld where people swim in cellulite from fried chicken eating marathons and double chins from lack of portion control.

As Megan loses weight, I gain weight. I won't even tell you how much but enough to make me think about what I've been eating the past month. And that would be pizza, grilled cheese, and lots and lots of local food aka fried, sugary, fatty goodness (badness).

I'm nowhere close to reaching my goal of losing at least 30lbs by my 27th birthday, which is in 11 days. So I'm going to push it until August 1st. By August 1st I had better have my jazz together and have lost a good amount of weight and have a healthy diet.

So this is the plan:
  1. Eat smaller portions
  2. Cut out fried chicken - my sweet love!
  3. Step away from the laptop and either walk, run or bike for at least 30 mins
  4. Go to my Tuesday & Thursday night soccer games as soon as the jazz with my car is fixed
  5. Get outside with Aidan during the weekends, whether if it's going for a walk around the neighborhood, hiking (with a companion of course) or swimming around the beach
  6. Along with getting 30 mins of some type of cardio each day I will do push ups, butt workouts and ab workouts - I now only wear dresses since I don't have to worry about pulling up pants that create muffin tops
  7. No more chai lattes!!!
  8. Cut out the dairy, I've been having a weird reaction each time I eat something with cheese, milk, butter; anything dairy - this happened a few years ago when I returned from Norway. My body didn't like dairy products.
  9. Stick to the plan.
  10. Stop worrying how I look to other people and make sure I'm doing this for my health
Those are a few things. I really wish I had someone present with me to keep me on track, even though I know it's my full responsibility to maintain my health but it's always more helpful to have someone by my side kicking my ass.

I may be buying my friend Amber's bike and a trailer so I can bike Aidan to daycare from now on since my brother will be driving to work with the car. Yeah, sharing is not fun but since I work from home I don't really have a need for a car anymore. Not even for groceries since we live a 5 min walk away from the grocery store.

Game face? ON! No more gaining, losing only.

Oh, a great workout/dance song is "Tight Rope" by Janelle Monae. Check her out. Her moves are sexy. She is sexy. You're welcome.





3 comments:

  1. Keep your head up! Sometimes it takes falling off the wagon to learn how to hold on. You can do it! As long as you keep trying thats all that counts. Miss you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel you! As all my old friends who had babies around the same time as me lose ALL the baby weight..I'm still here...muffin top in full effect. It's been hot as balls the last 2 weeks, so I've used that as my pitiful excuse to stay inside and eat crap all day.
    I'm so with you on the dresses though...I feel way more comfortable in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. June 10??? It's been far to long gals... Feed me content!

    ReplyDelete