Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why running feels so good...

I remember while I still living in Boston and pre-Bambino I got sick one day. That day I felt like complete and utter shaz. But instead of going home to mope in the sickness I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. Before I stepped on the treadmill I did do some circuit training but I always enjoyed ending my workouts with a run.

I ran for a good 30 mins on the machine and was seriously high off of the endorphins. I didn't even feel sick anymore. Before that run it was only a nice warm shower, gallons upon gallons of water, and some chili peppers, garlic, & red onions in hot water were the only things that could make me feel better. After that run and workout I realized that sweating out the ick made me feel so much ebtter.

Another reason why I love to run? It helps me get out of my funky moods and for the past couple of weeks I've been in quite the foul disposition.

There's something about the pacing, the breathing, and I know this is all cliched but the harmony of my movements and breaths just put me in a different and better mood. It also helps that the Bambino loves it when I run and not just walk. He laughs and laughs when I run - he gets a real kick out of it.

So with the sweating out the ick, the putting me in a better mood, and getting to hear my son laugh - running really makes me feel good.

Now I'm on the hunt for a good 5K to train for and eventually work my way up to a half-marathon <--that will take some will power and good training though.

I'll be going for a run tonight. Who's with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment