Monday, March 8, 2010

Photo Tour of my Fridge

While on this elimination diet, many people have asked what I eat, how I make it work when I can't eat meat, dairy, wheat, refined sugars... Really, what CAN I eat? So, I thought I would take you all on a little photo tour of my refridgerator, and showcase its contents this week.

Our fridge is adorned with lots o' stuff - its the center of info for our house. We plaster the fridge with dog and horse photos, quotes, old cards, funny sayings, and leave notes for each other here. Its more than just a place to store food. Its a constantly changing being.

My cousin's boyfriend lives with us and though he supports our Elimination diet, the no drinking, no sweets and no caffeine bit, he doesn't want to partake. Plus he is allergic to lots of things that we love to eat. This is his shelf (with the exception of my left over smoothie).

We try to premake our foods for the week over the weekend so we aren't rushed for time. I find I am more likely to eat unhealthy if I have no time, and am scrambling to get out the door. This way, everything is ready to go - quick and easy! Here are more examples of the foods we premake: this week we did Black Bean Chili and Lemon & Lentil Soup (look for this on tomorrow Tasty Tuesday!). We always make some sort of raw nut/date ball for quick nutritous snacks that satisfy our sweet tooths! Also, our veggie drawers have never been so jam packed. We buy obscene amounts of kale, chard, and collard greens each week for smoothies and salads.

Lastly, 100% Black Cherry and Blueberry Juice for when I just can't drink more water, carrots, and mint for smoothies.


What's in your fridge?





1 comment:

  1. My fridge looks like an empty box. lol. Mainly because I've been too busy to really sit down and plan my meals. This really inspires me to get back to it! p.s I wanna eat your fridge!

    ReplyDelete